· June 30 – Kaunas – Song Day in Valley of Songs (Dainų Slėnis)
· July 1 – Vilnius – Opening Concert of the Song Festival at Vilnius Town Hall square and Vingis Park
· July 2 – Vilnius –
o Children’s Traditional Crafts Town at the Palace of the Grand Dukes
o Folk Arts Exhibition at Catholic Church (Savičiaus g. 13)
· July 3 - Vilnius –
o Folklore Day in Bernardinai Garden and the Castles Territory
o Kanklės’ Concert at the St. Johns’ Church
o Vocal Ensembles’ Concert in the Lithuanian National Philharmonic Hall
· July 4 – Vilnius –
o Theatre Day in Bernardinai Garden, in the Old Town and in the Cathedral Square
Ensembles' Evening in Kalnai Park
o Wind Instruments Orchestras’ Concert at the Siemens Arena
o Dance Day in Stadium of the Lithuanian Football Federation
· July 6 – Vilnius –
o Procession of Celebration’s Participants from the Cathedral Square to Vingis Park
o Song Day on the stage of Vingis Park
Top events in Vilnius
· March 2 to 4 – Kaziukas Fair – one of the biggest fairs in the Baltic States.
· March 14 to 17 – International Baltic Jewelery Show “Amber Trip”
· April 1 – Day of Independence of the Užupis Republic – on April Fools Day, Užupis celebrates its independence day.
· May 22 to 27 – Skamba skamba kankliai – one of the very few authentic festivals of folk music in Europe.
· July 1 to 6 – Lithuania's Centennial Song Festival (see details above)
· August 31 to September 2 – Vilnius City Fiesta – hundreds of events and exhibitions taking place in open air spaces of Vilnius
Events in Kaunas
· June 30 – Opening of the Centennial Song Festival
Top event in Zarasai region: Mėnuo Juodaragis – (Last weekend of August) – One of the most unique cultural events in Europe, this 4-day independent festival is dedicated to the native traditions and music, and presentation of contemporary Baltic culture. Diverse attendees (hippie-types to conservative young families with children) often camp on sections of festival grounds attuned to their interests.
Top events in Klaipėda
· Klaipėdos Jūros šventė (Klaipeda Sea Festival) held late July – early August
· Parbėg laivelis 2018 (International folklore festival): July 19-22 in Klaipėda old town
· Nida Jazz marathon: final weekend of July in Nida (Curonian Spit)
· Autumn equinox: September 20th – 22nd in Juodkrantė (Curonian Spit)
Top events in Palanga
· Saint George's Day (a weekend after the 23rd of April) ...
· Amber Weekend (first weekend of May) ...
· Resort Celebration (around mid-May) ...
· Street Music Day (usually a penultimate Saturday of May) ...
· Line Dances Festival (1st Saturday of June)
Top Druskininkai attractions:
· Grūtas Park – A museum of Soviet-era statues.
· Merkinė – Piliakalnis. (Defensive fortification mound or hillfort). Lithuania has about 980 piliakalniai. Merkinė is one of the more beautiful ones.
Other important cities:
· Šiauliai – fourth largest city in Lithuania.
o Hill of Crosses is a pilgrimage site 12 km. north of the city of Šiauliai.
· Panevėžys – fifth largest city in Lithuania
· Druskininkai – spa town on the Nemunas river
· Birštonas – resort and spa town
· Trakai – historic city and castle
· Kernavė – archeological site
· Curonian Spit – prehistoric sand dune peninsula
Important dates that cities in Lithuania celebrate:
· Lithuania’s Independence Day – February 16, 1918
· St. Casimir’s Day – March 4
· Lithuania free from Soviet Union – March 11, 1990
· Joninės (Rasų šventė) – Saint John’s Eve – June 23
· Mindaugo karūnavimo diena (King Mindaugas coronation day) – July 6, 1253
· Autumn equinox: September 22